The Church of St. Francis was built in the Gothic Revival style in 1858 and was inaugurated by Archbishop Gregory Scherr on 27 August 1860. At the same place there was a Holy Cross Chapel Until 1858, which was built in 1723 and renewed 1777.
This small chapel felt victim to the new building of the church.
Patron of the church is St. Francis of Assisi. The interior has been preserved only in parts and was supplemented by new installations in the 18th and 19 Century., The picture of the Mount Olive originates in the 18th, the way of the Cross and the glass paintings comes from this century period. The altar for the celebration of Mass and the baptistery were erected in the 1990s. The high altar is located on the east wall of the choir, the statue of the patron saint forms the center.