Kölblhaus

Historic sites
Attractions
The so-called Kölblhaus is a residential building with facade paintings by Franz Seraph Zwinck.

The house was built in 1746 by the merchant Joh. Knilling (+ Oslo 1773).

Around 1770, the famous “Lüftlmaler” Franz Seraph Zwinck painted the facade: “St. Anna Selbdritt”, “God the Father with Man of Sorrows” and “Busts of Saints”. –

The house got its name “Kölblhaus” because Kaspar Kölbl owned it in 1806 (through marriage) and his brother Johann Paptist in 1809 (through purchase). Both were booksellers!

(house in the foreground)

Good to know

Contact person: in

Kölblhaus
Ettaler Str. 10
82487 oberammergau

Organization

Nearby

Contact

Kölblhaus
Ettaler Str. 10
82487 oberammergau